In today’s world, there are many malicious programs. No one user is insured against malware, especially if the computer is connected to the Internet. This article is an overview of SUPERAntiSpyware antivirus.
How to protect yourself from spyware?
The rapid development of communications and information technology is identifying trends in malware.
Malicious software is specially written programs designed to perform certain malicious actions, such as gaining access to a victim’s machine, setting up a key logger, installing backdoors, or stealing valuable private information. It can be in the form of a script, an executable file, or any other program. In general, malware can be classified as Worms, Viruses, Trojans, Ransomware, Adwares, Spywares, Bots, PUPs 1, Rootkits, Scareware, and other malware.
The biggest problem with unwanted programs is that antiviruses often don’t report them, and the second problem is that the usual removal methods may not work for them, and search may be difficult.
The most common way computer viruses are spread is through e-mail applications, e-mail, short messages on social networks, and so on. Attackers often use social engineering and fake pages of popular sites to send SDRs (as well as cybersquatting – registration of domain names containing a trademark owned by another person for resale or fraudulent use).
Methods of protection against malware
There is no complete protection against all malware and its manifestations, but to reduce the risk of loss from malware, the following tips should be followed:
- use modern operating systems that have a serious level of protection against malware;
- use only licensed software (operating system and applications);
- work on a personal computer exclusively under the rights of the user, not the administrator, which will not allow most malicious programs to be installed on a personal computer;
- use specialized software products, which include heuristic (behavioral) analyzers;
- use antivirus software products from well-known manufacturers with automatic database updates;
- use a personal firewall that monitors access to the Internet from a personal computer based on policies set by the user;
- constantly update the software.
What is SUPERAntiSpyware Antivirus?
SUPERAntiSpyware is a program for detecting and removing spyware, adware and malware, worms, rootkits, parasites, and other suspicious software. This antispyware allows you to perform a complete, customizable scan of hard drives, portable devices, memory, registry, individual folders, and files.
Despite the name, the program allows you to find and neutralize not only Spyware but also other types of threats – potentially unwanted programs, adware, worms, rootkits, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc.
The program scans your computer’s hard drive and registry for malware. Unfortunately, the developers did not provide support for the Russian language. The program is quite easy to use, although it does not support the Russian interface, it has good search and removal capabilities for a wide variety of malicious software (from adware to Trojans).
The utility is distributed free of charge, but real-time protection is not available without a paid license for the user. However, they are not needed to check and remove viruses. The license will be required only if the user wants to install this application on the system as a full-fledged antivirus.
Key features of SUPERAntiSpyware Free include:
- Fast, complete, and customizable scanning of hard drives, portable storage devices, RAM, register, etc.
- Ability to exclude scanning of individual files and select individual folders to check for malware.
- SUPERAntiSpyware Free does not load the system, unlike many other anti-spyware, and does not create conflicts with other anti-spyware or antivirus programs.
- Fixes broken internet connection, changes to the desktop, editing the Windows registry, etc.
- Manual update of the database and program.